Friday, May 16, 2008

i love this day.

i love this day.
today i turned 23.
and i actually *feel* like i got older.
i still get as excited as i did when i was a little kid for this day each year.
for some reason, my birthday is a BIG deal.
and i woke up to an absolutely beautiful day...70 degrees, sunshine, and a blossoming tree outside my window.

i got myself a few things (as a gift to myself...lol!) like this and this and am SO inspired!!
the table and chairs are finally finished and i have to pat myself on the back for how great the set turned out:
chloe had her surgery on wednesday for bob barker's sake, and though she was hurtin real bad when we first brought her home, she is back to her old self, trying to run and play against doctor's orders. she fills my heart with so much joy.
stopped by the fabric store to pick up more fabric since i ran out of it yesterday while working on the wedding quilt i posted about a while back. on my way home i drove past this OLD farm that i pass almost everyday on my way to scott's. it looks desserted, never any animals or people, the barn is run down and there are old tires in the fields, but today as i was coming up the hill, it took my breath away when i saw this:
so you see...i love this day.
scott has planned an "old school" birthday party for me tonight. Dinner just the two of us, then joining all our friends at the bowling alley for an old fashioned grade school bowling birthday party (only there will be beer involved). it will be fantastic and i can't wait. he is so wonderful to me.
i'm off to enjoy the sunshine :)

1 comment:

Angela Christenson said...

Awww....I love the story about the old farm. And now look there are cows. Born and raised a farm girl this brings a smile to my face. I had just posted a picture at the bottom of my blog page of the farm that I grew up on that is no longer the family farm. The funny thing is that a classmate from kindergarten all the way through to the 12th grade purchased our farm buildings and is building a new home on the property. I am kind of anxious to see what he will do. I can only hope that The Farm will bring him as many happy memories.

I hope you had a Happy Birthday!