Tuesday, March 04, 2008

just enjoying it while it lasts

so i'll start this post by knocking on wood, but i've been having a great few weeks. things with my etsy shop are doing well, i've been working on a fun custom order for christina of 5 pillows, and am in the process of researching craft fairs for the summer where fellow etsian sassystitchdesign and myself will be sharing a booth! i am incredibly excited :) once the pillows are finished, i will definitely be working on stocking up the shop again...i've playfully coined my sewing space "the sweatshop" due to the ridiculously long periods of time i spend sewing into the wee hours of the morning....yet i love every minute of it.

i also have to tell you guys about a great etsy purchase i made recently from handgrown pottery, etsy seller lgbrinkley. i can't stop gushing over this adorable lil dish. the colors and texture are so incredibly earthy and it's a perfect place to put your rings or earrings before bedtime. i'm actually most excited to use it for my wedding rings once i get married because it's the *perfect* size! (lol...clearly i get excited easily!) check out her shop-her stuff rocks! i'm thinking mother's day is right around the corner.... :)

(image courtesy of lgbrinkley)

the new job is working out great! i really believe in this company and everything it has to offer and it's a great way for me to get into the wedding industry. i've been a *very* busy girl.
i thought i'd leave you with a few pictures from this weekend's bowling night, and a recent picture of my lovely westie pup chloe-she's gotten 2 lbs bigger and a *lot* shaggier :) such a sweetheart....hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your puppy is so cute. You are one crafty lady. Glad I found you on feeling stitchy.

~Bekah

Kelly said...

I just checked out your shop again, since I have you on my favorites bar... I just LOOOOVE the little quilted cards!!! SOO hot, you should totally make more of those!! I still plan to post my lovely pill on my blog, but my kid's bed is NEVER made, so when it is.... a fab little post with that darling pillow awaits... it is one of my favorite etsy purchases to date!! Have you thought of personalizing them with names? Do you have a machine that can do that?

Kelly said...

I just reread my post and I meant "pillow" not "pill" gosh I am a nerd.

lisa*marie*derenne said...

for kelly lown:

i currently don't have a machine that could do that, but i could definitely personalize them by hand embroidery!