Monday, September 10, 2007

rough start

so my final semester of college is not getting off to the best start :(

i already feel like *really* behind and its only like 3 days into classes. my late night job has already caused me to oversleep and miss a day of class...not to mention my having to miss an entire day of classes due to fighting my speeding ticket in city court (booo!). i so wanted this semester to be the one that wouldn't stress me out and not give me high blood pressure. here's to hoping things turn around quickly for the better and everything turns out alright.
this past weekend, scott and i attended the Mount Mary Starving Artists Festival. W-O-W. i am so glad that scott's aunt patti invited us to this. this festival was *huge*. original paintings, prints, pottery, blown glass, jewelry, scultpure, batik, you name it...it was probably there. i ended up buying this daniel lager original beauty...

...for only $100!!! his normal selling price is around $500. this painting just makes me so happy and it reminds me of a great day with scott. this weekend we are tackling the Holy Hill Craft Fair...i can't wait to see what great things i will find there :)

it's been raining all day here, which means that scott didn't have to work! yay! (he's a carpenter) so we spent our whole afternoon bumming around the house in sweats and watched Freedom Writers starring Hilary Swank. what an inspiring movie. i left scott to spend the evening with my parents and am so close to finishing my first quilt!! the end is near!! here's the beginning stages of my quilt.......and here's the finished product! :) i'm in love with my first quilting creation.

No comments: